We are a professional, knowledgeable, and courteous property management company. We work very hard to provide the highest quality resident services you'll ever experience.
1. Why should I rent from your company?
- We use professional vendors (painters, handymen, plumbers, carpet cleaners, etc) that we have worked with or get a professional referral. to ensure that your unit is in good condition. We inspect the work performed to ensure that everything is ready before you move in.
- We are available 24 hours a day to handle emergency maintenance repairs.
- We provide detailed Move-in and Move-out Inventory forms for proper documentation of the condition of your rental.
- When you sign your lease, you have a meeting with your property manager to go over all parts of the lease to help ensure that everyone is aware of their responsibilities under the lease.
- All our property managers are licensed real estate professionals according to state requirements.
2. I see a property I would like to rent, how do I apply?
- Drive by unit you are interested in to make sure area fits your needs.
- Call or email office to set up a showing time to look inside.
- Make an appointment to bring your completed application along with the supporting documentation and application fee to our office.
- The supporting documents we need with your application are: copy of a photo ID (to prove you are who you say you are) and income verification (paycheck stubs, direct deposit receipts, etc).
- We will run a credit check that shows credit history as well as any eviction activity. If there is eviction history of any kind you will be denied immediately.
- You must have at least two to three times the amount of rent in income to be qualified for a property.
- All adults 18 and over that will reside in the property will need to apply and sign the lease.
3. My application has been approved, what next?
- When your application is approved we will ask you to bring a holding deposit in cashiers funds to secure the property.
- Once the deposit is received a lease will be drafted and we will make an appointment for you to meet at our office to sign the lease and give you the keys.
- You will receive a copy of the lease and all supporting documents after the lease signing.
4. What is a holding deposit?
The holding deposit is a guarantee that you will sign the lease for the property.
- A holding deposit will allow BHB to discontinue all advertisements and showings; we will not collect anymore applications. We will continue to show a property and collect applications until a holding deposit is received for the property.
If for any reason you fail to sign a lease (or back out of signing a lease) you risk forfeiting some or all of the holding deposit.
- The amount that is forfeited will depend on the costs of having the property off of the market from the time you gave the deposit to the time you notified BHB in writing that you will not be signing a lease.
- Once a lease is signed the holding deposit will turn into the security deposit and he held in the owner's broker's trust account or given to the owner to be held until the duration of tenancy ends.
5. What if I have a maintenance request?
If you are a tenant in a BHB Property Management we ask that you please submit a written maintenance request. This can be performed by submitting the following forms: Online Maintenance Request Form (via internet) or Written Maintenance Request Form (via US Mail, Facsimile or Drop-Off). If you require maintenance that is NOT an emergency, please complete a maintenance request form and we will process it as soon as possible. Please note that non-emergency maintenance requests are processed on a first come first serve basis. All tenants will receive a confirmation of receipt within 24-48 hours.
6. How do I pay my rent?
- Checks (Made payable to BHB Property MGMT), electronic funs via Tennant Portal, Cashiers checks, Money Orders, and Cash.
- Mail to PO Box 2236, Saratoga CA 95070
- Walk into Saratoga Post office with stamp.
- Walk into Office (emergency only) with prior appointment.
7. I am moving, How do I move out of a BHB managed property?
- 30 Day written noticed required: email and mailed copy.
- Send entire month’s rent and if required will be prorated and credited or we will let you know prorated rent amount.
- We will send a pre-move out walk thru documents to schedule pre-Main Tab Sub Tab Your Text move out walk thru.
- Meet you at property to walk out
- BRE regulation of 21 days to return security deposit with accounting receipts of work performed.